electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Artists » Howard Moscovitz
June Solstice 2019
Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject: June Solstice 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I usually play in the electro-music.com streaming events with Bill Fox, but he is on a vacation in the North Carolina mountains, so I played by myself this time.

I have noticed that when musicians turn into senior citizens their music often gets simpler, and sometimes slower. I think that's happening to me. This set turned out to be very relaxing and laid-back with very simple harmony throughout. While there are three "noise" sections, even those are not too aggressive.

Anyhow, here it is. I hope you enjoy it.

Insturments: Nord Stage 2, Clavia Nord Modular G2X, small Eurorack modular, Roli Rise 49, iPad with Layr, Animoog, iSymphony Orchestra, EOS 2.

mosc-solo-solstice-stream-2019.mp3
 Description:
Howard Moscovitz
Solo Performance for electro-music.com June 2019 solstice streaming concert

Copyright 2019 by Howard Moscovitz (all rights reserved)
listen freely

Download
 Filename:  mosc-solo-solstice-stream-2019.mp3
 Filesize:  26.93 MB
 Downloaded:  1331 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Grumble

Audio files: 30

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject: Re: June Solstice 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
I have noticed that when musicians turn into senior citizens their music often gets simpler, and sometimes slower.

For my taste of music the opposite is happening: My taste is shifting towards more rythmic music with nice beats and loops.
I blame electro-music for that Cool but then, I’m not a musician, more a builder/listener.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: June Solstice 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grumble wrote:
mosc wrote:
I have noticed that when musicians turn into senior citizens their music often gets simpler, and sometimes slower.

For my taste of music the opposite is happening: My taste is shifting towards more rythmic music with nice beats and loops.
I blame electro-music for that Cool but then, I’m not a musician, more a builder/listener.

Thanks for the comment. Everyone has different tastes that evolve. At electro-music.com all styles are appreciated.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
MusicMan11712

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: June Solstice 2019 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:

I don't think my music was simpler this time, but my set up definitely was: (1) 1 single usb keyboard (as opposed to 3 to 5 usb devices) using only 4 or 5 midi channels (as opposed to the usual 16 midi channels), (2) two E-mu sound modules (as opposed to the usual 4 or 5 modules and/or softsynths), and (3) considerably less patches (still self-designed) than usual. Oh--I twirled way fewer knobs than usual, too (and I used a simpler keyboard--one without sliders--an only tweaked 3 knobs on it, plus about 8 or so knobs on the Proteus 2500--mainly for the "Yup-Yup-Got It" patch!).

So, in terms of the number of performance factors I used, I know what you mean.

Steve
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Steve, your set was excellent. Whatever you are doing, you're on the right track

BTW, I was thinking of Cecil Taylor, Charles Ives (5th Symphony compared to 4th), John Cage, and John Eaton. I guess generalizations are pretty dangerous. Beethoven is a counter example, of course.

X-Electric

Audio files: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey Howard, this whole stream is really good! I love this "simpler, slower with very simple harmony" ambience, reminds me of Badalamenti's work on 2nd season of Twin Peaks. Really good!

All the best to you!
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

X-Electric wrote:
Hey Howard, this whole stream is really good! I love this "simpler, slower with very simple harmony" ambience, reminds me of Badalamenti's work on 2nd season of Twin Peaks. Really good!

All the best to you!

Thanks very much X.

Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Artists » Howard Moscovitz
Jump to: