electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Music From Chez Mosc
Page 9 of 13 [316 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

streamripper plugin for winamp on winXP Cool

It can be automated in the sense that it starts recording when the stream comes on. It can also create new recordings
when the meta changes or when there is silence for a certain duration (can be adjusted) but I never tried that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

Audio files: 5
G2 patch files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Sunday, January 20, 2019
Subject description: I'm Sick
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi Everyone,

Just now I left a voice mail for Howard so I may as well announce here as well. Yesterday, I was not feeling well so I asked Howard to postpone Chez Mosc for 24 hours. Sad to say, I am feeling worse today, not better. Apparently, it's my regrettably annual throat infection. I'll go to the doctor tomorrow because if I don't get antibiotics, the infection will inevitably migrate north into my sinus and south into my lungs. As it is, I'm achy and have hardly any energy at all. It is what it is. This is what I get for working at a germy high school despite always washing my hands. Wink

If there will be a Chez Mosc today, it'll be a Howard solo or a recording. There might not be a Chez Mosc at all this week. I'll leave that up to Howard.

Thank you everyone who planned to listen this week and thank you in advance for any well wishes. I'm taking extra vitamin C and echinacea in an effort to boost my immune system. I also had chicken soup for lunch.

Cheers,

--|_)| -----|-----()---------------------
-----------()----soundscapes.us/bill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Be well soon Bill, thanks for keeping us informed :-)
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: No Chez Mosc Today Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Today is Saturday, April 6. Unfortunately, Howard is not feeling well. We will not broadcast Chez Mosc today. We will return next week. That will give us two weeks in order to prepare for what is essentially a Twyndyllyngs mini-tour. On the 27-28, is eeemfest in Rutherford, NJ, and then Mountain Skies in Black Mountain, NC, will be May 3-5.

http://twyndyllyngs.com
http://eeemfest.com
http://mountainskies.net

Cheers,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for informing us Bill & Howard be well :-)
Acoustic Interloper

Audio files: 89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject: Re: No Chez Mosc Today Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

djfoxyfox wrote:
That will give us two weeks in order to prepare for what is essentially a Twyndyllyngs mini-tour. On the 27-28, is eeemfest in Rutherford, NJ, and then Mountain Skies in Black Mountain, NC, will be May 3-5.

Cheers,

Safe travels, Bill & Howard! Smile

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: No Chez Mosc Today Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Acoustic Interloper wrote:
Safe travels, Bill & Howard! Smile
Thank you, Dale!
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We don't post too many of the Chez Mosc programs that Twyndyllyngs makes. There is not a particular reason; perhaps laziness and some of the programs are better than others. The show on Sept 28, 2019 was one Bill and both liked and several people who listened asked us to post it. So here it is.

ChezMosc2019-09-28.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs Live on Chez Mosc Sept 28, 2019
Howard Moscovitz and Bill Fox

Copyright 2019 by Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  ChezMosc2019-09-28.mp3
 Filesize:  53.48 MB
 Downloaded:  996 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah great, thanks for posting that one .. now need to chisel out a nicely fitting hole in time for this, soon :-)

It was very nice last week.

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the 1 hour set from last Saturday night. I have been on a binge of pre-renaissance music lately and I've been sharing my observations with Bill Fox. At some part you'll be able to hear some open fourths and fifths in there.

This set is dedicated to Robert Dorschel. Our thought are with him as he recently lost a very dear friend. Be well friend

chexmosc2019-10-26.mp3
 Description:
For our friend Robert Dorschel

Chez Mosc live performance
Twyndyllyngs - Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Listen freely

(Sorry, the file I uploaded was truncated about 10 minutes too short. I just uploaded a

Download
 Filename:  chexmosc2019-10-26.mp3
 Filesize:  53.1 MB
 Downloaded:  988 Time(s)

Last edited by mosc on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:16 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah open fourths and fifths, I have no idea what those are
but I do know that I enjoyed that set very much Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
ah open fourths and fifths, I have no idea what those are
Fourths and fifths are names for two intervals. An interval is the distance between two pitches. Think of a major scale; do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, ti, do. The distance between any two of those pitches is an interval. A fourth is the distance between do (the first pitch in the scale) and fa. Sing do-fa and you'll hear the interval of a fourth. A fifth is the interval between do and sol. Sing do-sol and you'll hear the interval of a fifth.
PHOBoS wrote:
but I do know that I enjoyed that set very much Very Happy
Thank you very kindly!
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the explanation Bill. I know the fourth and fifth part (although only understood it since recently) but what does 'open' imply ?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
Here is the 1 hour set from last Saturday night.
I am not getting the entire file. Is anyone else experiencing download problems?
djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PHOBoS wrote:
I know the fourth and fifth part (although only understood it since recently) but what does 'open' imply ?
A basic chord is called a triad because it has three notes; a root, a third, and a fifth. It is usually the third that determines the "chord quality," i.e. whether it is a major or minor chord. (For diminished and augmented chords, the fifth also comes into play.) An open chord is not quite a chord because it only has two notes by omitting the third. This makes its quality ambiguous since we cannot tell if it is major or minor; a very cool effect. So you basically have an interval of a fifth. If you play the same notes but bring the lower one up an octave, the interval is now a fourth.
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ah, thanks again Bill that makes total sense Very Happy
never really thought about the "If you play the same notes but bring the lower one up an octave, the interval is now a fourth. neat.
But I am already happy if I manage to press single keys in succession that don't sound too horrible. Although I do know some chords.

djfoxyfox wrote:
I am not getting the entire file. Is anyone else experiencing download problems?
It looks like it downloads the complete file but the file itself isn't the complete set (it's about 47 minutes).
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the truncated file. I just upload a complete one in the post.
mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another apology from me. We had the honor of playing at the Electrofest 2019 at the National Electronics Museum in Baltimore last night. I'm sorry I didn't update the notice on the site. We won't be able to play a Chez Mosc next week for other reasons.

Anyway, last night the Electrofest was great fun. Thanks to the organizers for having us. Thomas Dolby of "Science" fame was there too. Several other electro-musicians were there as well. The venue and the music was wonderful.

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mosc wrote:
We had the honor of playing at the Electrofest 2019 at the National Electronics Museum in Baltimore last night. ... Anyway, last night the Electrofest was great fun. Thanks to the organizers for having us. Thomas Dolby of "Science" fame was there too. Several other electro-musicians were there as well. The venue and the music was wonderful.
https://www.facebook.com/events/538877773546917/
I took a long drive yesterday and finally had the opportunity to listen to our set. When I have the chance, I’ll trim it to size and upload it here.

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: ElectronicaFest 2019
Subject description: Audio File
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On Saturday, November 2, 2019, instead of Chez Mosc, we played at ElectronicaFest 2019. Here's the set we played.

2 - compressed.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs at ElectronicaFest 2019.

Download
 Filename:  2 - compressed.mp3
 Filesize:  19.29 MB
 Downloaded:  869 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice job on the recording, Bill. When we were playing there were several instances where the monitor speakers were distorting badly. The mix off the board sounded moderately clean though.

Thanks to the organizers of ElectronicaFest for having us. We enjoyed hearing some great music, linking up with old friends, and making new ones. The National Electronics Museum had some really fascinating exhibits. We were "dazzled by science" and we met Thomas Dolby, too. Very Happy

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the Twyndyllyngs set from Chez Mosc last night, December 1, 2019. Bill and I enjoyed playing this set as usual. There are a few unexpected surprises in this music but you won't be shocked out of your seat.

This set is in three parts. I didn't split it up into three files because the silences between the sections are part of the music.

We hope you enjoy it.

Twyndyllyngs-12-1-2019.mp3
 Description:
Twyndyllyngs live on Chez Mosc, December 1, 2019
Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz

Music is in three sections

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  Twyndyllyngs-12-1-2019.mp3
 Filesize:  55.38 MB
 Downloaded:  793 Time(s)

djfoxyfox
Janitor
Janitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Chez Mosc Special Guest: Jeremy DePrisco/Shiva Songster Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

On Saturday, November 23, 2019, Jeremy DePrisco and Juli Moscovitz joined Howard and me in the madness known as Chez Mosc. Here's the recording of our mutually improvised set.

2019-11-23_Chez_Mosc.mp3
 Description:
Chez Mosc from 2019-11-23 featuring guests Jeremy DePrisco and Juli Moscovitz. Due to some failure, the recording was interrupted. The recording was restarted, resulting in two files. Bill connected the two somewhere about the 7 minute mark. Can you hear

Download
 Filename:  2019-11-23_Chez_Mosc.mp3
 Filesize:  53.81 MB
 Downloaded:  900 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After a three week hiatus from Chez Mosc, for various unrelated reasons, Twyndyllyngs showed up to stream another one-hour set of whatever comes to mind.

We call this one The Longest Night of the Year because it was.

I tried some mastering techniques (multiband compression and eq sort of stuff) on this recording but making changes like that makes it something other than what it was as we played. So here it is right off the air-check.

The Longest Night of the Year - Twyndyllyngs - 2019-12-21.mp3
 Description:
"The Longest Night Of The Year"

Live performance by Twyndyllyngs,

Bill Fox and Howard Moscovitz
December 21, 2019

Listen freely

Download
 Filename:  The Longest Night of the Year - Twyndyllyngs - 2019-12-21.mp3
 Filesize:  54.06 MB
 Downloaded:  768 Time(s)

PHOBoS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well-done

I liked that one a lot, thanks for playing!

Page 9 of 13 [316 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Next
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » electro-music.com » Streaming Radio Station
Jump to: