electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
simple noodle - 04-013-023
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: simple noodle - 04-013-023 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yesterday evening I was toying a bit with my guitar and this Behringer vmax auto Hendrix toy I bought a while ago.

Then I thought I could maybe make a noodle out of that with snares being touched and echoes & some distortion.

This is what I came up with, the guitar seems to be a bit at the distance ...

Jan.

04-013-023.prf2
 Description:
simple noodle

Download
 Filename:  04-013-023.prf2
 Filesize:  6.29 KB
 Downloaded:  2692 Time(s)

mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. This one has tremendous variability. Calling this simple is an understatement if I ever heard one, but looking at it on the screen, it's hard to say this is complicated. Humbling is probably the word that first comes to mind.

This loads as a performance, but I only see one slot loaded with a patch from the G2 editor. Is this a patch? What's going on?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought it simple because the idea is pretty simple, I started with the string oscs to represent the strings of the guitar and the demultiplexer as the arpeggiator or strummer, or whats the word ...

Anyway the basic tuning of the string oscs is the fingering for the left hand, and the left hand can be shifted. Then the right hand taps the strings, so you get the tapped note and on release the note of the chord as set by the left hand. The stuff on the righrt side of the patch does the right hand stuff.

This is a bit loosely modeled over the different variations and the sound of the string oscs is more like a viiolin than like a guitar. Loosly modeled, as the picking of strings isn't related anymore to what the right hand does, as if a third hand comes in to help.

In the effects section I added two pitch detectors that sort of listen to the strings and when the strings reach a certain volume the sample and holds pick up the note for the noisy oscillators.

The reason for making a performance out of it is that the patch changes it's own variations. It's just to ensure that the patch ends up in slot A for which the variation changer was set up to send its MIDI to. This wouldn't be necesssary if there were a 'self' internal MIDI channel available.

It is a bit tricky to make a patch that varies itself as the variation selector gets also variated. So this has to be set up correctly over all variations before finally the wire to the MIDI CC send is connected. When you want to experiment with the patch its best to detach that (blue) wire first, otherwise things tend to be a bit confusing ... ehm iimpossible.

But to be honest, I really didn't think it to sound very complex ... maybe the effects are a bit overdone ... but also after hours of tweaking things sound different ... don't know, I like ithis patch.

Jan.
mosc
Site Admin

Audio files: 212
G2 patch files: 60

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool. I don't think it sounds all that complex, but it isn't boring and seems to play surprising and different stuff every once in a while. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Clavia Nord Modular » G2 Performances - Completed
Jump to: