electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
PHOBoS - Neoanalthes nebulalis
Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
PHOBoS

Audio files: 705

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: PHOBoS - Neoanalthes nebulalis
Subject description: Live improv - Mar 02, 2016
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Neoanalthes nebulalis - Cover Art.jpg
 Description:
Cover Art
 Filesize:  733.77 KB
 Viewed:  551 Time(s)
This image has been reduced to fit the page. Click on it to enlarge.

Neoanalthes nebulalis - Cover Art.jpg

PHOBoS - Neoanalthes nebulalis (Mar 02, 2016).mp3
 Description:
PHOBoS - Neoanalthes nebulalis (Mar 02, 2016).mp3

Download
 Filename:  PHOBoS - Neoanalthes nebulalis (Mar 02, 2016).mp3
 Filesize:  22.72 MB
 Downloaded:  1581 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would put some pitch bending to it and make the sound go slow down and slow up again plus use some modified horn sound to play just one note again and again, to give it a claustrophobic panic like feel, but in a way of timeless with a still standing time. I would like to remix a lot of your stuff, because what I miss in your material is the musical impression of insanity, its a bit to normal for me.

You do more like experimental sounds, but thats also interesting and beautiful. I used to do stuff like that at age 13 or so but it turned out that I prefer more density complexity in sonical layouts. Or ideas that go a bit more into psychedelical insanity. Thats probably the reason why nobody likes my music on internet (laughs).

I respect your stuff, its well produced experimental stuff. Just try to go more over your normal awareness threshold. I bet you will produce great material if you go a bit more into details and beyond your normal sonical threshold. But it was a nice upload. I would put some endless reverb to it and play with a soft echo vibration and filter the sound away and fade it back into the layout. I get so many ideas when I hear your stuff.
blue hell
Site Admin

Audio files: 278
G2 patch files: 320

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah .. Crambidae .. nice track :-)
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks jan

And thanks Omega for your suggestions. One thing you have to keep in mind is that a lot of things I post are just improvisations
recorded in one take with some DIY gear. I usually don't start out with the intention to record a track, I just play around a bit
patch some things and either record when I start or press record when I hear something I like. Sometimes I do add some things
afterwards but often I just post it unedited. But yeah I would love to go a bit crazier. Maybe you'll like my snotmusic I managed
to get a bit more hectic with that one Laughing . (Too bad there was a faulty cable so the stereo cuts out a bit at some points or maybe
that is just a bonus effect)

oh and feel free to remix or sample whatever you want if you hear something you like to use.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlanP

Audio files: 41

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this! What is producing that initial drone?
PHOBoS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm I never make notes of my patches so that is rather hard to say. But I think this was one where I used the sequencial switch
function of my Mad Monkey sequencer and connected the ouputs of a divider to the 4 inputs. The divider was clocked by one of the
main oscillators (audio rate) to create a set of sub-oscillators. And I think I experimented with running the Mad Monkey at LFO and
audio rates. There was probably some more involved though like some filters (maybe also modulated at audio rates) and delays.

Anyway it was done with this synth Wink

Posted Image, might have been reduced in size. Click Image to view fullscreen.

Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: