electro-music.com   Dedicated to experimental electro-acoustic
and electronic music

Front Page  |  Radio
 |  Media  |  Forum  |  Wiki  |  Links
Forum with support of Syndicator RSS
 FAQFAQ   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   LinksLinks
 RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Chat RoomChat Room 
 Forum index » Online Music
Silke F | Always Remember The Teachings Of Jesus Christ
Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Silke F | Always Remember The Teachings Of Jesus Christ Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silke F Always Remember The Teachings Of Jesus Christ.mp3
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Silke F Always Remember The Teachings Of Jesus Christ.mp3
 Filesize:  2.17 MB
 Downloaded:  1621 Time(s)

TripMX

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The song is relaxing and composed harmoniously; what I'd like to know is did you personally do the vocal work?
Lucy

Audio files: 94

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TripMX wrote:
The song is relaxing and composed harmoniously; what I'd like to know is did you personally do the vocal work?

No. I used a Hip Hop sample collection for these vocals because I found nothing better. I made the vocals sound long and I pretty much edited the way they sound to make the vocals sound different because I wanted a very special sound for the vocals, but they still sounded like shit so I had to pull them into extended lenght with intense editing and the problem was that the vocals sounded short like 2 seconds, so it was a mess to produce this composition. I had to use about 30 different high fidelity EQ plugins to fix the sonical aesthetics, but its still not sounding good enough, because its difficult to work with a innocent white sound aesthetic if you reduced the resolution on many levels to design a certain kind of feeling. The goal was not to make it sound high fidelity. I had to use a lot bit and resolution reduction to make it sound vintage like and older.

It got even more complicated after I started to work with ambience and reverbs because not one reverb plugin sounded how I wanted it to sound, so I used about 13 different high fidelity reverb plugins that I connected in a complex way with about 30 mastering EQs and edited it over and over and changed the results on insane levels. Maybe its demonic insanity that made me compose this heavenly sounding music (laughs). This published composition here is the 9th final version of the final versions that I produced and I had about 30 pre-final versions of this composition plus a mountain of little sketches. I wanted it to sound white, gentle, heavenly and innocent, so what I wanted to have in the end, was not at all what I had at the beginning.

I think, how it sounds now, the best sound engineering studio couldn´t make it sound more how I wanted it to sound. I used many headphones for the audio engineering. The AKG 701 helped a bit, but Grado headphones sound a lot better. I just like to work on long or big projects, even if the song is just 54 seconds long, because the goal is always to design and manifest it how you imagine it before its manifested. This song sounded like Hip Hop with to much sound quality at the beginning and I wanted a more vintage like dusty old sound quality so I had to reduce a lot the sound quality without reducing the sound aesthetics. It was a absolutly mess to get this music and sound done the way it sounds now because it was just so complicated on every level and it still sounds not how I exactly wanted it to sound, but its ok on many levels.

I compose not only creepy music or abstract and brutal breakcore, so I would like to have a real female singer for the gentle or romantic music that I compose sometimes, but its not easy to find what I´m looking for. I would like to have a female singer that has a good gospel like voice, but also a childish innocent quality, without missing the poetic beauty.

A black female singer has this rough feeling that I like so much, but a white singer has this innocent quality sometimes that I like so much. Not trying to be racist or anything like that. Skin color doesn´t matter. Personality and the actions of someone count, but not if somone´s black or white. So I hope I answered your little question with my long statement. I alway write to much. I guess thats again the creativity that I can´t get ready off (laughs). Wishing you and everyone love, positivity and harmony.
TripMX

Audio files: 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Silke F wrote:
TripMX wrote:

No. I used a Hip Hop sample collection for these vocals because I found nothing better. I made the vocals sound long and I pretty much edited the way they sound to make the vocals sound different because I wanted a very special sound for the vocals, but they still sounded like shit so I had to pull them into extended lenght with intense editing and the problem was that the vocals sounded short like 2 seconds, so it was a mess to produce this composition. I had to use about 30 different high fidelity EQ plugins to fix the sonical aesthetics, but its still not sounding good enough, because its difficult to work with a innocent white sound aesthetic if you reduced the resolution on many levels to design a certain kind of feeling. The goal was not to make it sound high fidelity. I had to use a lot bit and resolution reduction to make it sound vintage like and older.

It got even more complicated after I started to work with ambience and reverbs because not one reverb plugin sounded how I wanted it to sound, so I used about 13 different high fidelity reverb plugins that I connected in a complex way with about 30 mastering EQs and edited it over and over and changed the results on insane levels. Maybe its demonic insanity that made me compose this heavenly sounding music (laughs). This published composition here is the 9th final version of the final versions that I produced and I had about 30 pre-final versions of this composition plus a mountain of little sketches. I wanted it to sound white, gentle, heavenly and innocent, so what I wanted to have in the end, was not at all what I had at the beginning.

I think, how it sounds now, the best sound engineering studio couldn´t make it sound more how I wanted it to sound. I used many headphones for the audio engineering. The AKG 701 helped a bit, but Grado headphones sound a lot better. I just like to work on long or big projects, even if the song is just 54 seconds long, because the goal is always to design and manifest it how you imagine it before its manifested. This song sounded like Hip Hop with to much sound quality at the beginning and I wanted a more vintage like dusty old sound quality so I had to reduce a lot the sound quality without reducing the sound aesthetics. It was a absolutly mess to get this music and sound done the way it sounds now because it was just so complicated on every level and it still sounds not how I exactly wanted it to sound, but its ok on many levels.

I compose not only creepy music or abstract and brutal breakcore, so I would like to have a real female singer for the gentle or romantic music that I compose sometimes, but its not easy to find what I´m looking for. I would like to have a female singer that has a good gospel like voice, but also a childish innocent quality, without missing the poetic beauty.

A black female singer has this rough feeling that I like so much, but a white singer has this innocent quality sometimes that I like so much. Not trying to be racist or anything like that. Skin color doesn´t matter. Personality and the actions of someone count, but not if somone´s black or white. So I hope I answered your little question with my long statement. I alway write to much. I guess thats again the creativity that I can´t get ready off (laughs). Wishing you and everyone love, positivity and harmony.

Wow, that definitely answers my question on the vocals! You've done an absolutely INSANE amount of work for 57 seconds of music; I admire your attitude and dedication to achieving the most satisfactory sound possible. Someday, you should release a song with your natural vocals; you probably wouldn't stand for it, but some of us would like to hear your original voice in it's true untouched form. Not all ears are the same, my friend. Wink

As for finding a real female vocalist, I too completely understand the need for that because I had a few compositions of my own in mind that pretty much would require a female vocalist....I can only go so high, lol. Perfection is nigh impossible, but we do what we can to make the best of what we could eke out.

Keep up the good work, nonetheless, Silke F. Smile

Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts]
View unread posts
View new posts in the last week
Mark the topic unread :: View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Online Music
Jump to: